Monday, February 28, 2011

Baked Chicken Bites

It seems like once you have kids most of your meals revolve around chicken nuggets. I have eaten more chick-fil-a in the past 3 years than my entire life prior to kids. So... with so much of my time and money going to chick-fil-a I created a baked chicken nugget that Grant and the kiddos like. It's also super fast! My sister in law made chicken nuggets last Easter by coating them in Panko (japanese bread crumbs, sold by the seafood counter) and frying them. While they were super delicious, it was too time consuming. This is my version of her recipe.

Original:
Mix 1 egg, 1/4c of milk, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Add diced chicken breast to bowl and stir to coat.


(you can cut up your ckn anyway your family likes it.... strips, nuggets, etc) Pour in Panko and stir. (or pour Panko on a plate to coat chicken if that is easier)


Spread onto a foil covered baking sheet and spray with Pam or drizzle a little olive oil over chicken (this is what makes them brown and crispy) Bake for 20 minutes at 350*.



Honey Mustard:
Follow recipe above only add 2T dijon mustard and 4T honey to milk and egg mixture.

1 comment: