Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Not so healthy turkey enchiladas

I had Mexican food on my mind Sunday as I strolled through HEB. I was thinking enchiladas.... maybe roasted veggie, or ckn with sour cream sauce. Then I passed the rotisserie chicken station, and there among the chickens was a yummy looking roasted turkey breast. It was enormous, and only $5. I grabbed it up for my enchiladas! With the meat already cooked I could throw them together quickly and have AVa in bed before 7! This was somewhat of an experiment. My friend Kyra was here for my first run at enchiladas a year ago, so I used a similar recipe this time.

Turkey and Spinach Enchiladas

Preheat oven 350*
In a skillet over medium high heat, saute' half an onion sliced however you like in 3T of butter, once it browns up a little, add 1 pkg of baby spinach (I buy the bags over by the pre packaged salads, b/c it is washed and ready to go, but any fresh spinach will work) cook with onions until spinach is wilted.


Put spinach and onion mixture into a bowl with 1 8oz pkg of softened cream cheese. (this is what will hold the filling together) Add to the mixture shredded turkey (I used 2 forks to shred the turkey breast and had meat leftover, if you want to use a ckn instead, just shred the rotisserie ckn the same) stir together and fill flour tortillas with the mixture, and line in baking dish. Once your baking dish is filled with the enchiladas, pour sauce over all the enchiladas and top with shredded cheese. Bake at 350* for 30 min.


Sauce:
Combine 1/2 jar of green salsa (any salsa will work) with 8 oz sour cream


No comments:

Post a Comment