Thursday, March 17, 2011

Shrimp Boil

With Lent last week I couldn't help thinking about all my Baton Rouge friends and all the delicious Louisiana cooking I miss so much. I am not a cajun cook, however, boiled shrimp I can make:) Ava loves peeling and eating shrimp. So this is one of her favorite meals!

Shrimp Boil:
Start by filling a LARGE pot half full of water. Add 1 crab or shrimp boil seasoning packet. (2 if you want it spicy) I use the New Orleans brand, it's sold by the seafood counter.


Add 1 lemon cut into fourths, fresh or frozen corn on the cob, and potatoes dices into fourths if you want them. Bring all these items to a boil and continue to boil for about 15 min or until your potatoes get soft. Add 2lbs of raw, thawed peel on shrimp. (I buy mine in the freezer section of HEB) Turn heat off after 1 minute, and let shrimp sit for 20 minutes.


This will cook your shrimp. Then just drain and serve!

I usually serve mine with macaroni and asparagus.

No comments:

Post a Comment