Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Garlic Lime Shrimp

I have been hooked on peel and eat shrimp that you bake in a spice packet called "Cajun King, BBQ shrimp mix" It takes only 15 minutes to make and they are swimming in spicy butter, which screams for me to dip bread in and eat the entire pan. Unfortunately, Grant has decided that he is doing the P90X Challenge and a 1/2 pound of butter in one meal is unacceptable. So using my favorite marinade, I tried a healthier version of this super easy recipe.

Garlic Lime Shrimp:
Thaw a 1-2 pound bag of frozen peel on shrimp (I like the jumbo EZ peel at HEB)
Line a baking dish with the thawed shrimp and sprinkle with a moderate amount of Kosher salt (I say moderate, because you will be peeling them and it takes a little more to get the job done)

Sauce/Marinade:
In a food processor combine the following:
Juice and zest of 2 limes (zest is the peel finely grated)


1 pod of garlic
1 bunch of cilantro
1T olive oil



Spread mixture over shrimp, mix around until they are all coated, then pop it in the oven at 400* for 10-15 minutes. Once the shrimp are curled and pink they are ready. Don't over cook. I thought they were amazing! No cocktail sauce needed, just plenty of napkins.

No comments:

Post a Comment